In this Feminist Coach Track class, award-winning business coach and founder of CEO DNA, Lena West, teaches how to free ourselves and our businesses from the ‘bro culture’ of business.
As Nai’s personal business coach and strategist, this felt particularly special as Lena played a big role in the conception of the Feminist Coach Track. It was who suggested making it a separate track that could be treated like a university minor and that we could build out as a fully fledged academy with multiple classes on the topic over time.
So having Lena join us as one of the faculty teaching this month on breaking free of ‘bro culture’ business and marketing felt very apt.
Lena recognises that we have been socialised to believe that in order to build a successful business we need to be hard core, void of feeling and play silly little manipulative games with the people we say we want to serve. Lena calls BS on this and is passionate about supporting entrepreneurs in challenging the patriarchal models we’ve been taught and to find a new way of doing business – YOUR way.
In Lena’s class, we learned:
- The distinction between business, marketing and coaching ‘frameworks’ versus ‘formulas’ – and which ones are useful or not
- Her passion for reclaiming the title of CEO and the ‘6 or 7 figure’ business narrative (after it having been misused by many)
- The importance of knowing yourself and how to use this knowledge to go against the grain and build a business that loves you back
- How to determine whether a teaching or teacher is ethical or aligned with you and your way – and how to decide whether to disregard their work completely or just follow that parts that resonate
- How to discern what teaching or teacher is appropriate when you are new to an industry and have not seen their evolution or history
- The power of community and the collective of breaking free of ‘bro culture’ business, marketing and coaching
- How to balance generosity with parameters and boundaries in a hustle culture
- Listening to your gut and initial instincts more – noting that the logic or reasons your head uses to justify the feeling might sometimes be incorrect, but the feeling itself rarely is
- Getting comfortable with being uncomfortable when it comes to growing a feminist and socially conscious business
As always when in-conversation with Lena we covered a lot of ground!
Some of the feedback we received after class included:
“It was another fabulous class and I feel so fortunate to have been part of it Nai, Cam and Lena – thank you.”
“Lena really gave me a much needed boost, to continue doing what it is I want to do but not committing to ‘things’ that don’t align for me.”
The good news is, even if you were unable to attend the class live, you can access the recording and learn in your own time. You can purchase the individual class or the entire Feminist Coach Track.
ENJOYED THIS ARTICLE? PLEASE SHARE WIDE + FAR:
Pin to Pinterest…